Latest News from the Race
Procycling magazine November issue out nowNew issue of Procycling magazine is a 2020 Tour de France review special
Tadej Pogacar: My Tour de France win hasn't sunk in yetTour winner has no time for celebrations with Worlds and Classics in his sights
Arkéa-Samsic soigneur and doctor released from preliminary custodyDuo released from detention on Wednesday night, though investigation continues
- Tour de France 2020: The essential guide
- Tour de France 2020: Start List
- Tour de France 2020: The contenders
- Tour de France blogs
Tadej Pogacar (UAE Team Emirates) sailed in to claim the overall victory in the 2020 Tour de France on the final stage to Paris. Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma), who led the race until the stage 20 time trial, and Richie Porte (Trek-Segafredo) rounded out the podium.
Green jersey winner Sam Bennett (Deceuninck-Quickstep) cemented his status as the race's top sprinter, taking out the final sprint on the Champs Elysees ahead of world champion Mads Pedersen (Trek-Segafredo) and seven-time green jersey winner Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe).
Pogacar stood atop the final podium through most of the ceremonies, having swept the overall classification, the mountains classification, and finishing as best young rider.
"It's unbelievable. It's really crazy," Pogacar said after finishing. "Even if I didn't win - even if I came second or last, it's nice to be here. This is the top of the top. I cannot describe this feeling with words.
"Today was very special - special moments with my teammates. Finally I had some time to talk with them on the bike, not just going full gas every day. A lot of respect for the other riders. Every single one of them congratulated me today. I am really thankful. This sport is really amazing."
The race, which took place from August 29 to September 20 after being postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, made it to Paris without any riders testing positive for the virus.
Click or swipe through the gallery above to see who won each stage.
- Tour de France 2020 stage 20 highlights - Video
- Mikel Landa ends first Tour de France as sole team leader on a high
- Roglic resilient despite last-gasp Tour de France defeat
- López plummets from Tour de France podium after poor time trial
- Richie Porte secures place on final Tour de France podium in Paris
- Analysis: Where Tadej Pogacar won the Tour de France time trial
- Roglic closes in as Kwiatkowski saves Ineos' Tour de France – Podcast
|Pos.||Rider Name (Country) Team||Result|
|1||Tadej Pogacar (Slo) UAE Team Emirates||87:20:05|
|2||Primoz Roglic (Slo) Team Jumbo-Visma||0:00:59|
|3||Richie Porte (Aus) Trek-Segafredo||0:03:30|
|4||Mikel Landa Meana (Spa) Bahrain McLaren||0:05:58|
|5||Enric Mas Nicolau (Spa) Movistar Team||0:06:07|
|6||Miguel Angel Lopez Moreno (Col) Astana Pro Team||0:06:47|
|7||Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Jumbo-Visma||0:07:48|
|8||Rigoberto Uran (Col) EF Pro Cycling||0:08:02|
|9||Adam Yates (GBr) Mitchelton-Scott||0:09:25|
|10||Damiano Caruso (Ita) Bahrain McLaren||0:14:03|
|Pos.||Rider Name (Country) Team||Result|
|1||Sam Bennett (Irl) Deceuninck-Quickstep||2:53:32|
|2||Mads Pedersen (Den) Trek-Segafredo|
|3||Peter Sagan (Svk) Bora-Hansgrohe|
|4||Alexander Kristoff (Nor) UAE Team Emirates|
|5||Elia Viviani (Ita) Cofidis|
|6||Wout van Aert (Bel) Team Jumbo-Visma|
|7||Caleb Ewan (Aus) Lotto Soudal|
|8||Hugo Hofstetter (Fra) Israel Start-Up Nation|
|9||Bryan Coquard (Fra) B&B Hotels-Vital Concept|
|10||Maximilian Walscheid (Ger) NTT Pro Cycling|
After delays due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, the 107th edition of the Grande Boucle is scheduled to begin in Nice on August 29 and conclude on September 20 in Paris.
The Grand Départ will take place in and around the coastal mediterranean city of Nice. It will begin with a 156km road stage on Saturday, August 29, followed by a 190km road stage the next day.
ASO have routed the race through five mountain ranges: Alps, Massif Central, Pyrenees, Jura and the Vosges. It will be an unconventional and mountainous route that will include includes 29 categorised climbs and five mountain finishes.
There will be no finishes on iconic ascents such as L'Alpe d'Huez and Mount Ventoux. The stand-out mountain finishes in this edition will happen on the ascents of the Puy Mary in Massif Central on stage 13 and on the Col de la Loze at Méribel in the Alps on stage 17.
There will be the introduction of four new climbs: Col de la Lusette and Suc au May in the Massif Central, Col de la Hourcère in the Pyrenees and summit of the Col de la Loze.
Other ascents include Grand Colombier, Pyramide du Bugey and Mont Aigoual, Col de Peyresourde, Cormet de Roselend, Col des Saisies and Les Aravis.
There will be no team time trial in this year's edition of the race, but there is one 36km individual time trial between Lure and La Planche des Belles Filles on stage 20.
The route is designed for the best climbers in the world to contest the overall title at the 2020 Tour de France.
There will be stages that favour the sprinters, too. Flat parcours are schedule on stage 1 and 3 in Nice, stage 5 in Privas, stage 7 in Lavaur, stage 10 in Ile de Re Saint-Martin-de-Re, stage 11 in Poiters, stage 14 in Lyon, stage 19 in Champagnole and the stage 21 finale in Paris.
- 2020 Tour de France rescheduled for August 29-September 20
- Tour de France 2020 route revealed
- Tour de France 2020 will be no more difficult to control, says Brailsford
- Pinot: Tour de France 2020 will be a battle every day
- Chris Froome: Tour de France 2020 route is hardest in six years
- Alaphilippe coy on 2020 Tour de France plans but sees a route that suits him well
- Bernal not fazed by sharing Tour de France leadership at Team Ineos
Tour de France 2020 Contenders
The 2020 Tour de France route will suit the pure climbers of the peloton. Team Ineos are expected to line up behind defending champion Egan Bernal, while Jumbo-Visma threaten the British team's dominance with Primož Roglič ably supported by newcomer Tom Dumoulin.
The French contenders should not be underestimated. Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-QuickStep) astounded the cycling world this July after winning two stages, placing fifth overall and spending 14 days in the yellow jersey. He will return in 2020 as will his compatriots Thibaut Pinot (Groupama-FDJ) and Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale).
Other contenders include Nairo Quintana, who got a great start to the year with Arkéa-Samsic, Mikel Landa, a new addition at Bahrain-McLaren, Emanuel Buchmann (Bora-Hansgrohe), and Rigoberto Urán (EF Education First).
- Teuns 'very disappointed' by Tour de France snub
- The most aggressive team in the Tour de France? Analysing Mitchelton-Scott's line-up
- Tour de France: No Mark Cavendish as Bahrain-McLaren go all in for Landa
- Van Avermaet, Trentin and Zakarin target stage wins in CCC’s final Tour de France
- Roglic remains optimistic about Tour de France participation
- Hermans to make Tour de France debut for Israel Start-Up Nation
Team by team guide
- Analysing EF Pro Cycling's Tour de France team
- Analysing Bahrain-McLaren's Tour de France team
- Analysing Jumbo-Visma's Tour de France team
- Analysing Team Ineos' Tour de France team
- Analysing Mitchelton-Scott's Tour de France team
Tour de France bikes
No matter if it's held in July or September, the Tour de France will always be a hotbed of tech. Teams' sponsors utilise the rigorous environment to test their products at the highest level and use the international stage to launch their latest tech.
Our Tour de France tech preview gives a run down on everything we're expecting to see at this year's race, and below, we highlight all the tech news, features and interviews as the racing continues.
- Spotted at the Tour de France: What does Shimano have up its sleeve?
- Alejandro Valverde to ride new Canyon Aeroad at the Tour de France
- Greipel and Dan Martin to ride new Factor Ostro VAM aero bike at the Tour de France
- Hiding in plain sight: Mitchelton-Scott's new helmet for the Tour de France
- Tour de France sunglasses: Who's wearing what and where can I get them?
- Cycling shoes at the Tour de France: Who's wearing what?
- Kristoff wears diamond-encrusted Scicon sunglasses worth €5,000 on Tour de France podium
- Deceuninck-QuickStep's coloured chains at the Tour de France: What are they and where can I get one?
- Jumbo-Visma and Ineos have ditched Shimano wheels at the Tour de France but who has the lighter bike?
- Tour de France power analysis: Tadej Pogačar's record-breaking ascent of the Col de Peyresourde
- Tour de France Bikes: Julian Alaphilippe's Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7
- Tour de France Bikes: New bike for Spanish champion Luis León Sánchez
- Tour de France Bikes: A closer look at the new Scott Foil
- Tour de France Bikes: Tadej Pogacar's Colnago V3RS
Tour de France 2020
Feature Veteran DS reveals dealing with cancer and meticulous preparation helped him deliver Tadej Pogačar's victory
Top News on the Race
Nairo Quintana: I don't have anything to hideColombian says no doping substances were found during Arkéa-Samsic Tour de France raid
French police open doping investigation after Arkea-Samsic hotel search at Tour de FranceProsecutor talks of discovery of medicines and 'a method that could be qualified as doping'
Tadej Pogacar: The Tour de France time trial turned everything in my life upside downOverall winner looks back at his victory and confirmed he will ride the World Championships
Pogacar, UAE Team Emirates top Tour de France prize earnersThree weeks of hard racing nets team €624,230
Nairo Quintana's hotel room searched by French police on Tour de FranceArkéa-Samsic manager confirms raid on team hotel at Méribel to L’Équipe
Christian Prudhomme: Just getting to Paris was a victory for the Tour de FranceRace director admits relief at getting through race and praises excitement of green jersey competition
Tom Dumoulin: I was closer to stopping than continuing my career'I'm proud of myself for reaching this level again' Dutchman says after injury, illness and COVID-19 delays
2020 Tour de France stage 21 highlights - VideoWatch Tadej Pogacar celebrate winning yellow and Sam Bennett claim victory on the Champs-Élysées
Sam Bennett checks off Champs-Élysées and green jersey victories at the Tour de France'It's something I'll not forget for the rest of my life'
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Tour de France: Visualising how the race was wonData graphics of the overall, points and mountains competitions
Dreaming big and keeping faith: Allan Peiper on UAE's Tour de France winVeteran DS reveals dealing with cancer and meticulous preparation helped him deliver Tadej Pogačar's victory
Tour de France: Team-by-team ratingsOur comprehensive analysis of every squad's Tour de France performance
Philippa York's Tour de France winners and losersFrom Pogacar and Hirschi to Ineos and Sagan
Tour de France bikes: New bike day for green jersey winner Sam BennettCustom Specialized Tarmac SL7 marks a limited run of 100 framesets available to public