For Black Friday, Campagnolo has announced an exclusive Black Friday wheel deal in collaboration with cycling retail store, ProBikeKit, in a partnership that has seen the creation of a limited run of 500 black-edition Campagnolo Zonda aluminium clincher wheelsets.
But it wouldn't be Black Friday without a deal, so ProBikeKit has duly knocked 18% off the price, bringing the $610.00 (£549.99 / AU$731.49) pair of wheels down to $500.00 (£449.99 / AU$687.99). In addition, they're also throwing in a Campagnolo wheelbag for good measure.
Should you buy this deal?
The special edition wheelsets share the same performance benefits that earned the more-widely-available Zonda wheels a place in our guide to the best lightweight wheels, but they eschew the usual chrome logos in favour of a stealthy Black Friday-appropriate darkened logos, as well as something for the Campagnolo fans, in the form of the retro-inspired winged wheel logo on the hubs.
At 1540g per pair, these aluminium clincher wheels are popular among riders looking for a mid-tier upgrade or durable and capable training wheel. In our mini-review, it gained plaudits for its stiffness, owing to its radially laced spokes and wide hub flange. They feature a SRAM/Shimano freehub, which while going against the desires of Campagnolo traditionalists, will undoubtedly open up this deal to a wider audience across the world.
It's worth bearing in mind, though, that these wheels are functionally identical to the standard version of the Campagnolo Zonda C17. Those wheels are currently available at Wiggle for £417.99 ($439.99) with a Shimano freehub, or £317.99 ($441.99) for those running Campagnolo.
ProBikeKit's inclusion of a free single wheel bag is a nice gesture, but it's functionally unhelpful (given there are two wheels for sale here), but it'd make a nice memento for Campagnolo fans nonetheless.
If you're enamoured by the black-label aesthetics, then there's nowhere else you can get these wheels, and with a limited run, it's unlikely they'll remain available forever. However, if you're just looking for a good value wheelset upgrade, then the standard wheels at Wiggle will give you slightly better bang for your buck.
- Not for you? Check out Black Friday wheel deals for more
For even more Black Friday discounts, don't hesitate to check out Cyclingnews' roundup of the best Black Friday bike deals or any of our other Black Friday roundups below:
- Black Friday road bikes: Drop-bar Black Friday deals
- Black Friday bike helmets: Safety on a budget this Black Friday
- Black Friday cycling clothing: Kit out your cycling wardrobe without paying a fortune
- Black Friday cycling shoes: Black Friday deals on footwear
- Black Friday turbo trainers: Everything you need to get Zwifting on a budget
- Black Friday electric bikes: Power your way to Black Friday savings this November
- Black Friday GoPro deals: Shoot for the moon with top-quality action camera deals
- Black Friday gravel bikes: Gravel grinding doesn't have to cost a fortune
- Black Friday kids' bikes: They grow so fast, so don't pay full price this Black Friday
- Rapha Black Friday: Black Friday deals on the British clothing brand
- Black Friday wheels deals: The best deals on road, gravel and MTB wheels
- Black Friday Specialized bikes: Black Friday deals on all things Specialized
- Black Friday Trek bikes: Discounts on Trek's range of road and mountain bikes
- Wiggle Black Friday: One of the world's biggest Black Friday cycling sales
- Jenson USA Black Friday: Black Friday deals at USA's go-to cycling retailer
- Black Friday mountain bikes: Deals from our friends over at Bike Perfect
- Black Friday commuter bike deals: Get yourself to work and back on a budget
- Black Friday Garmin deals: Smartwatches, cycling computers and more
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.