The season's current state of hiatus has been going on a little longer for Dylan Van Baarle than many of his colleagues in the pro peloton. In fact, his last race day was the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race on the 2nd February.
The Dutchman was due to kick off his classics campaign at the Opening Weekend doubleheader of Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne at the end of February but had to drop out due to illness.
He also had bad luck in his 2019 spring campaign. During Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, although he finished in 14th place, an earlier crash meant he was then sidelined for weeks with a broken hand. Nonetheless, at just 27 years of age, Van Baarle's palmares is already teeming with achievement, with numerous GC victories, and fourth place at the 2017 Tour of Flanders.
We caught up with Van Baarle's Pinarello Dogma F12 XLight at the Tour Down Under. His setup is very similar to his Ineos teammate Rohan Dennis' bike, with a sponsor-supplied Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 groupset, Shimano C60 tubular carbon wheels and a finishing kit from Pinarello's components arm Most.
Team Ineos are one of the few teams yet to make use of disc brakes and, as such, Van Baarle is using Shimano Dura-Ace R9110 direct-mount rim brake calipers.
Click through the gallery above for a closer look at Dylan van Baarle's Pinarello Dogma F12 XLight
Dylan van Baarle's Pinarello Dogma F12 XLight full bike specifications
- Frameset: Pinarello Dogma F12 XLight, size 56
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9110 Direct Mount Brake Caliper
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9110 Direct Mount Brake Caliper
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150 Dual Control Lever
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-30T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P w/ dual-sided power meter, 53/39
- Bottom bracket: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace C60 tubular
- Tyres: Continental Competition Pro LTD tubular, 25mm
- Handlebars: Most Talon integrated bar and stem, 40cm
- Bar Tape: Most Superlight
- Stem: Most Talon integrated bar and stem, 140mm
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace PD-R9100
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Seat post: Most carbon
- Bottle cages: Elite Vico Carbon
- Computer: Garmin Edge 1030 (not shown)
- Rider height: 1.8m
- Seat height (from bottom bracket at centre): 810mm
- Saddle nose to handlebars (centre): 595mm
- Bike weight: 7.07kg / 15.61lbs
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.