With the Tour de France Prologue on Saturday fast approaching, now is a good time to get your teams ready here at Cyclingnews. In what's set to be the most wide open Tour in decades, picking your team of 15 riders couldn't be more challenging. Remember you can still enter teams until Stage 4 begins. You can re-edit and re-enter teams for Stages 1 - 3 of the Le Tour 2007 competition up until Stage 4 begins. Unlike most Fantasy games, this gives you the chance to try out the game for free and experiment with different strategies without having to pay for mistakes. If you don't get time to create your teams before Saturday you can still take part with just as good a chance of winning as a manager who joined before Stage 1. Just make sure you finalise your teams before Stage 4 begins. Create your teams now.
- New ranking and results service, offering new depths of rider statistics on races over the last four years.
- See your friends exact selections in the this year's game as it happens.
- Look up the winning managers team selections for last year to improve your selection this year.
- Follow the progress of the key fantasy managers whilst also tracking your friends' progress in the new "Watch Teams" tool.
- Build your own Mini-Leagues.
- Try out the Forum/Chat area, which provides new ways to communicate with your fellow players from around the world in real time as the races unfold.
- We've also added a new improved hosting service this year so you should see a real difference in how quickly the site pages appear on your screen even during peak traffic periods.
How to Choose your Mountains and Sprints Riders
If you are relatively new to the Tour it can be a daunting prospect choosing your 15 riders. Fear not! The new ranking system can tell you some of the answers you need to know. Here's some direct links to last year's high scoring riders:
Go to the Top pro riders page and click on the "How to find top climbers/mountains and sprinters/points riders..." link at the top of the page to find out more.
Forgotten your login details?
If you've played the game before but have forgotten your password follow you can request a new one automatically. To do this click on the "Forgot your password?" link on any page in the Login box in the left hand column. Enter the "To" email address at the top of this email and you'll receive a new password instantly.
Le Tour Fantasy Game Prize List
Prize summary: From one Grand Prize and one First Runner-up to three each Second, Third, and Fourth Runner-up prize packages, there are eleven chances for you to win based on your overall performance in the 2007 Le Tour Fantasy Game. There are also 21 daily prizes for each stage's top performer. All prizes are as listed (substitution requests cannot be honoured). The roster of prizes so far is as follows:
Grand Prize from Cervelo Soloist Carbon CSC team replica bicycle worth $4750 USD. Equipped with Shimano Ultegra 10-speed, R-550 wheels, FSA cranks, bars & stem, Selle Italia Marco Ponza saddle, Cervelo aero carbon seatpost, and Vittoria Diamante Pro Lite tyres.
Daily Prize from BBB Parts - 21 pairs of BSG-23 Winner Quick-Step World Champion glasses designed for Tom Boonen - one for each day of Tour.
10x runners-up prizes
- Cycleops Powertap 2.4 Wireless
- Set of Shimano Dura Ace WH-7801-SL Wheels - three sets on offer
- Maxxis Courchevel road tyres - 10 sets on offer
- Descente Classic Chevron design clothing - four sets on offer
- PRO Carbon Bottle Cage - x10 on offer
- Speedplay - Zero stainless steel pedals - 3 sets on offer
- Giro Atmos Helmet - x3 Giro Atmos Helmet
More prizes will be announced in the coming days. To find out more visit the prizes page.
Even if you don't win the Cervelo Soloist Carbon Grand Prize, the Fantasy Le Tour game is a great way to follow the Tour each day here at Cyclingnews. It's free to play the first three stages. You don't need to be a cycling expert to win prizes.
It's a great way to follow Le Tour 2007.
Good luck from everyone at Fantasy Cyclingnews.com
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month*
Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Thank you for signing up to Cyclingnews. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.