Cyclingnews is looking for a freelance online production editor based in North America for a six-month fixed-term period. The job would focus around weekend work and occasional weekdays.
Cyclingnews is the world's leading cycling website. It has achieved this status by the timeliness, accuracy and objectivity of its reporting of news and race results. Any position on Cyclingnews requires a natural interest in the sport and a willingness to stay informed on cycling-related news and issues.
Due to the nature of the sport, it is at its busiest on weekends, and this position requires regularly working on weekends and public holidays.
The start date for this is November 18. Training will be provided before the official start date.
Deadline for applications is October 20, 2018.
What you will learn
- You will be a critical member of our global editorial team, involved in many aspects of production, operation and social media promotion of our site's content.
- You will be responsible for copy editing the work of others, in addition to writing news, race reports and features, and producing content using our CMS, Excel, text editors, basic HTML and Photoshop.
You will need to ensure that daily deadlines are met and regular weekly production/archiving duties are also carried out. This work will include, but is not limited to:
- Production of results for races, writing/editing reports and processing photographs
- Production of complete news stories, features, interviews and tech reviews, including copy editing submitted material
- Researching, interviewing and writing news features
- Working with the editorial teams based in Europe, US and Australia
- Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief
- Occasionally attending cycling events as a Cyclingnews reporter
- Social media and web analytics
- Excellent command of written English and attention to detail
- Quick thinking, able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently
- Self-starter able to work effectively in a virtual office environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A broad knowledge of, and passion for, cycling
- Broad knowledge of web-based journalism and what it entails
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of web publishing and HTML
- Best social media practices (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
Deadline for applications is October 20, 2018
To apply for the position please email Daniel@cyclingnews.com
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Try your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.