This article first appeared on BikeRadar.
Sagan finished second to Fernando Gaviria (Quick-Step Floors) on the opening stage, who also rides the new S-Works Venge, in what has been a dream opening for Specialized after launching the new aero frameset the Monday before the Tour.
The Sagan Collection S-Works Venge is the second iteration of the limited-edition framesets, which are also available for consumer purchase in a variety of frameset models, as well as select accessories.
Specialized says the new teal colourway is inspired by the northern Mediterranean seas near where Sagan lives in Monaco and reminds the Slovakian of his home, friends and family.
As with the first edition Sagan Collection framesets, Specialized uses three different types of glitter within the paint to denote his three different world championship victories. On the drive side chainstay, three bands also depict Sagan's three world championship victories with the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 marked on the inside of the stays to denote each of the years of Sagan's titles.
On the seat tube, a quote from Sagan says, "If I don't have yellow, I have green. If I don't have green, I have rainbow" and after taking the yellow jersey on stage two of the 2018 Tour de France, Sagan will look to add a seventh green jersey to his collection when he rides into Paris alongside his three rainbow jerseys.
Sagan's Venge uses a full Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 groupset, while the remainder of the components come exclusively from Specialized or Specialized's wheel brand Roval.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at the Tour de France stage two winner's bike.
- Frame: Specialized S-Works Venge Sagan Collection FACT carbon, size 56
- Fork: Specialized S-Works Venge Sagan Collection FACT carbon
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120, 160mm Shimano Dura-Ace rotor
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120, 140mm Shimano Dura-Ace rotor
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 with satellite sprint shifters on handlebar drops
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 with Specialized power meter, 172.5mm cranks, 54/42 chainrings
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed BB30
- Wheelset: Roval CLX 64 with CeramicSpeed bearings
- Tyres: S-Works Turbo, 26mm tubular
- Handlebars: S-Works Aerofly 2, 420mm
- Stem: Specialized S-Works Venge, 145mm
- Tape/grips: Supacaz
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Specialized S-Works Romin Evo
- Seat post: Specialized S-Works Venge
- Bottle cages: Tacx Ciro
- Computer: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt
- Rider height: 1.84m
- Saddle height from bottom bracket (centre to top): 750mm
- Tip of saddle nose to centre of handlebars (at stem): 625mm