Mark Cavendish is a hot favourite to win the first opening stage of the 2013 Tour de France on Saturday. If all goes according to plan, the 28-year-old will swap his new British National Champion’s jersey for the maillot jaune in Bastia, on the north of Corsica island.
While jersey colours may change yellow, the green-accented Specialized Venge beneath the Omega Pharma-QuickStep rider likely will not.
The metallic frame is a nod to his green jersey victory in the 2011 Tour and which has since become a defining colour in his new brand, CVNDSH – was unveiled in the aftermath of a milestone victory on stage 12 Giro d’Italia in May: the 100th of his career.
Cavendish has a long association with Specialized – and the Venge in particular – Going back to his days at HTC since he first debuted the aero frameset at Milan-Sanremo in 2011. According to Chris Reikert of Specialized’s global marketing, Cavendish says it’s the fast bike in the world.
Complete bike specs
• Frame: Specialized S-Works Venge
• Fork: Specialized S-Works SL4
• Headset: Specialized S-Works
• Stem: Zipp 145 SL (120mm, c-t-c )
• Handlebar: Zipp Service Course SL (44cm outside to outside)
• Tape: Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix
• Front brake: SRAM Red
• Rear brake: SRAM Red
• Front derailleur: SRAM Red Yaw front derailluer
• Rear derailleur: SRAM Red
• Levers: SRAM Red Doubletap
• Cassette: SRAM Red XG1090 (11-26tooth)
• Chain: SRAM Red PC1091
• Cranks: Specialized S-Works (170mm)
• Power Meter: Quarq power for SRAM
• Bottom bracket: Ceramic Speed
• Pedals: Look Keo 2
• Wheels: Zipp 808 Firecrest
• Front tire: Specialized ProTour Turbo All Around tubular
• Rear tire: Specialized ProTour Turbo All Around tubular
• Saddle: Specialized S-Works Toupe (143mm)
• Seatpost: Specialized Venge carbon seatpost
• Rider height: 1.75m (5ft 8in)
• Rider weight: 69kg (165lb)
• Saddle height from BB, center to top: 691mm
• Seat tube length, center to center: 487mm
• Tip of saddle to center of bar: 533mm
• Top tube length (virtual): 537mm
• Complete bicycle weight: 6.89kg
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.