The team had a successful three weeks at the race, with Ecuadorian rider Jonathan Caicedo taking a stage victory early on after emerging as the strongest man from the breakaway on Mount Etna.
They hit the heights again six days later. Ruben Guerreiro, a new signing for 2020, launched his bid for the blue mountain classification jersey on the road to Roccaraso, winning from the break as he overhauled Ineos Grenadiers' Jonathan Castroviejo on the steep final slopes.
The 26-year-old ended up taking the blue jersey in Milan, sealing a fine outing at the Grand Tour for the American team. They had turned heads at the team presentation in Sicily, wearing a special, and garish, new kit created in collaboration with Rapha and skateboarding brand Palace.
The 24-minute video includes contributions from around the team, including Australian climber Lachlan Morton, who has featured in most of the 'Gone Racing' series as he tackles an alternative calendar of gravel and off-road races.
Matti Breschel, taking on his first Grand Tour as a directeur sportif, also features, as do riders Lawson Craddock, James Whelan and Simon Clarke.
Behind-the-scenes filming includes stage planning, in-car footage from the race, celebrations after the team's successes, Guerreiro's battle for blue, and the day-to-day hardships of Grand Tour racing, including the COVID-19 coronavirus testing throughout the race.
Check out 'EF Gone Racing: Giro d'Italia 2020' above.
Today's best Black Friday deals
Today's cycling-related highlights from the Black Friday sales. For even more, view our guide to the best Black Friday bike deals where you'll find on all things cycling, including bikes, helmets, clothing and more.
Today's best deals: USA
- Amazon: 50% off Garmin Instinct smartwatch |
$299.99| $149.99 (opens in new tab)
- Jenson USA: 44% off Castelli Pro rain jacket
$249.99| $139.99 (opens in new tab)
- Competitive Cyclist: 60% off Assos S.J.Blitzfeder rain jacket
$189.00| $74.95 (opens in new tab)
- Rei: Cannondale Topstone Ultegra RX 2
$3,300.00| $2,804.73 | 15% off (opens in new tab)
- Wiggle: 51% off Assos UMA GT Summer LS Jersey
$121.00| $59.04 (opens in new tab)
- Jenson USA: Giro Empire ACC shoes
$300.00| $104.99 | 65% off (opens in new tab)
- Chain Reaction Cycles: LifeLine 18-piece tool kit
$73.99| $49.99 | 32% off (opens in new tab)
- Velocio: Signature Softshell jacket with 40% off
$299.00| $179.00 (opens in new tab)
- ProBikeKit: Continental GP5000 road tyre
$79.49| $39.00 | 51% off (opens in new tab)
- Wiggle: Fizik R4B Road Shoes
$200.00| $114.00 | 43% off (opens in new tab)
Today's best deals: UK
- Amazon: 23% off Garmin Forerunner 35 at under £100 (opens in new tab)
- ProBikeKit: Elite Drivo smart turbo trainer with 29% off at £849.99 (opens in new tab)
- Argos: GoPro Hero7 White at under £100 (opens in new tab)
- Wiggle: 35% off Prime carbon wheels, tyres and tubeless sealant at £499.99 (opens in new tab)
- ProBikeKit: 300-lumen rear Lezyne light for under £35.00 (opens in new tab)
- Tredz: Blackburn Mag 5 turbo trainer | was £139.99, now £125.99 | 10% off (opens in new tab)
- Wiggle: Muc-Off Cleaning kit | 40% off at just £17.99 (opens in new tab)
- Chain Reaction Cycles: 50% off Mobi V-15 bike pressure washer | £49.99 (opens in new tab)
Thank you for reading 5 articles in the past 30 days*
Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read any 5 articles for free in each 30-day period, this automatically resets
After your trial you will be billed £4.99 $7.99 €5.99 per month, cancel anytime. Or sign up for one year for just £49 $79 €59
Join now for unlimited access
Try your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Cyclingnews is the world's leader in English-language coverage of professional cycling. Started in 1995 by University of Newcastle professor Bill Mitchell, the site was one of the first to provide breaking news and results over the internet in English. The site was purchased by Knapp Communications in 1999, and owner Gerard Knapp built it into the definitive voice of pro cycling. Since then, major publishing house Future PLC has owned the site and expanded it to include top features, news, results, photos and tech reporting. The site continues to be the most comprehensive and authoritative English voice in professional cycling.
The latest race content, interviews, features, reviews and expert buying guides, direct to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to The Pick. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.