This article first appeared on BikeRadar.
German direct-sale giant Canyon will supply both Katusha-Alpecin and Movistar Team in 2019, with the latter riding on a mix of Aeroad CF SLX and Ultimate CF SLX framesets built with groupsets from Campagnolo.
In the run up to the 2019 Tour Down Under, we took a closer look at the build on Rafael Valls' Ultimate CF SLX, who is into his second season with Movistar Team.
Valls’ bike is built around Campagnolo’s as yet unreleased EPS version of its 12-speed generation Super Record groupset. Bahrain-Merida and Lotto-Soudal are also running the new groupset.
Campagnolo also supplies its Bora Ultra wheels and the crankset is fitted with a Power2Max power meter.
The bike is built with Canyon’s own finishing kit, including its one-piece H36 Aerocockpit.
Click through to have a closer look with Rafael Valls’ Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
Rafael Valls' Canyon Ultimate CF SLX full bike specifications
- Frameset: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
- Front brake: Campagnolo Super Record
- Rear brake: Campagnolo Super Record
- Brake/shift levers: Campagnolo Super Record EPS, 12-speed
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS, 12-speed
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record, 12-speed, 11-32
- Chain: Campagnolo Record, 12-speed
- Crankset: Campagnolo Super record, 53/39 chainrings, 172.5mm crank arm length
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Bora Ultra
- Tyres: Continental Competition Pro LTD, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: Canyon H36 Aerocockpit, 150mm stem, 410mm wide bars
- Tape/grips: Lizard Skins
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Seatpost: Canyon S13 VCLS
- Bottle cages: Elite Vico Carbon
- Computer: Garmin Edge 1030 (not pictured)
- Rider height: 1.79m
- Saddle height (from centre of bottom bracket): 785mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (at centre): 600mm
- Weight: 7.10kg