While the updated 2018 Merida Reacto was first seen back in June at the Criterium du Dauphine, Arashiro receives an updated paint job and new chainrings on a bike that is otherwise very similar to last season.
Bahrain-Merida used SRM Origin cranksets in their debut season and the German power meter company have updated the crankset for 2018 with Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 series chainrings, resulting in a gucci, black and raw carbon unit.
During 2017, Bahrain-Merida finished their Merida framesets in a red, gold, but predominantly metallic blue base colour design. For 2018, the team switches the metallic blue base colour for a more contrasting black, which not only matches the crankset but the Dura-Ace groupset and Fulcrum Speed raw carbon wheels and allows the additional colours to pop out on the bike.
Arashiro chooses to pair his aero frameset with the equally wind cheating Vision Metron 5D integrated handlebar and stem combination, which is only wrapped with tape on the drops and left bare on the tops for maximum aerodynamic performance.
Italian saddle specialists Prologo provide Bahrain-Merida with saddles, customised with bands of team colours on the rear of the seat.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a detailed look at Arashiro's 2018 bike.
- Frame: Merida Reacto CF4
- Fork: Merida Reacto Superlite full carbon tapered fork
- Rider’s weight: 64kg
- Rider’s height: 1.7m
- Saddle height, from BB (c-t): 705mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (c): 525mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.26kg
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: SRM Origin with integrated power meter, 172.5mm cranks, 53/39 Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 chainrings
- Wheels: Fulcrum Speed 55T
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars/stem: Vision Metron 5D, 410mm width (at hoods), 120mm stem (c-c)
- Tape/grips: Prologo
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Saddle: Prologo Nago Evo Team Edition in Bahrain-Merida colours
- Seat post: Merida Reacto Superlite carbon
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus
- Computer: SRM PC-8 in custom gold finish for Bahrain-Merida (not photographed)
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.