It has been 15 years since Johan Museeuw – The Lion of Flanders – retired from the sport, but the Belgian still regularly rides his bike, leading tourist rides or simply joining current professionals for training.
Several of Museeuw's victories were in the famous Mapei colours and racing on Colnago framesets. Museeuw is now loosely affiliated with Specialized through his bike touring company and his continued his association with the Deceuninck-QuickStep set-up.
In the lead-up to the 2019 Paris-Roubaix, Museeuw rode to the velodrome aboard a custom-painted S-Works Tarmac Disc, paying homage to his biggest victories and his iconic nickname.
Click through the gallery above for a closer look at Johan Museeuw's S-Works Tarmac Disc.
Johan Museeuw's Specialized S-Works Tarmac Disc full bike specifications
- Frameset: Specialized S-Works Tarmac Disc in custom colours for Johan Museeuw
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 160mm rotors
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 140mm rotors
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 with 4iiii power meter, 52/36 chainrings
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
- Wheelset: Roval CL 50
- Tyres: Specialized Roubaix Pro Gripton