For the second consecutive season, Astana Pro Team will race on Canadian brand Argon 18 framesets, following more than five seasons with Specialized.
The Kazakh-registered team have the choice of Nitrogen Pro aero specific frames, E-119 time trial frames and Gallium Pro all-round race frames, which Spanish veteran Luis Leon Sanchez opted to race on for the WorldTour opener at the Tour Down Under.
The 34-year-old Sanchez is spending his fourth season with the Astana team and his 15th as a professional in 2018.
Astana equip their Argon 18 frames with a mixed groupset including Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 series and FSA K-Force Light components. FSA also provides the cockpit and seatpost for Sanchez's bike.
Sanchez pairs his Corima 58 S+ wheels with S-Works Turbo 26mm tubular tyres, which have been blacked-out with a marker pen to prevent any sponsorship issues.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Sanchez's Argon 18 Gallium Pro.
- Frame: Argon 18 Gallium Pro, size M
- Fork: Argon 18 Gallium Pro
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28
- Crankset: FSA K-Force Light with Power2Max power meter, 53/39 chainrings, 175mm cranks
- Wheels: Corima S+ 58
- Tyres: S-Works Turbo, 26mm tubular
- Handlebars: FSA Extra Light, 400mm
- Stem: FSA OS-99, 130mm
- Tape/grips: Prologo Onetouch
- Pedals: Look Keo
- Saddle: Prologo Zero 2 CPC Airing Nack
- Seat post: FSA K-Force, 32mm setback
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Computer: Garmin Edge 1030
- Other accessories: K-Edge out front mount
- Rider’s height: 1.87m
- Saddle height from BB (c-t): 795mm
- Seat tube length (c-t): 530mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars: 610mm
- Top tube length (c-c): 559mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.21kg
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.