Wout van Aert (Jumbo-Visma) has expanded his cyclo-cross schedule to include two more races including the UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup in Tabor at the end of November and the Telenet Superprestige Boom on December 6, according to Wielerflits.nl.
The Milan-San Remo winner was already announced for four rounds of the X2O Trophy, beginning in Kortrijk on November 28 with additional races in Herentals in December, Baal on January 1 and Hamme in January. He will also compete in the Belgian championships before the World Championships in Oostende on January 31.
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has meant that the World Cup calendar has been slashed from 14 races to five, with Tabor the opener. As of yet, Van Aert has not been confirmed for any other World Cup rounds. His first meeting against world champion Mathieu van der Poel is most likely to come on December 23 at the X2O round in Herentals.
Van der Poel starts his season in the X2O Trophy in Antwerp on December 12 and will compete in the Namur World Cup on December 20.
Van Aert joked earlier this month, "I don't have much to do in the lockdown other than cycling," as Belgium imposed new restrictions on public gatherings as COVID-19 cases resurged.
All members of the cyclo-cross race entourage are required to pass a COVID-19 test as new requirements go into place on November 28. The cyclo-cross races will be held 'behind closed doors', with no spectators. Other changes include more space on the starting grid between riders and their helpers and a reduced contingent of mechanics and support staff in the pits.
- November 28 - X2O Trophy Kortrijk
- November 29 - World Cup Tábor
- December 6 - Telenet Superprestige Boom
- December 23 - X2O Trophy Herentals
- January 1 - X2O Trophy Baal
- January 9 - BK Meulebeke
- January 23 - X2O Trophy Hamme
- January 31 - World Championships Oostende
Today's best Black Friday deals
Today's cycling-related highlights from the Black Friday sales. For even more, view our guide to the best Black Friday bike deals where you'll find on all things cycling, including bikes, helmets, clothing and more.
Today's best deals: USA
- Competitive Cyclist: 66% off Assos S.J.Blitzfeder rain jacket
$189.00| $64.95 (opens in new tab)
- Rei: Cannondale Topstone Ultegra RX 2
$3,300.00| $2,804.73 | 15% off (opens in new tab)
- Jenson USA: Giro Empire ACC shoes
$300.00| $104.99 | 65% off (opens in new tab)
- Chain Reaction Cycles: LifeLine 18-piece tool kit
$73.99| $49.99 | 32% off (opens in new tab)
- Velocio: Signature Softshell jacket with 40% off
$299.00| $179.00 (opens in new tab)
- ProBikeKit: Continental GP5000 road tyre
$79.49| $47.99 | 39% off (opens in new tab)
- Wiggle: Fizik R4B Road Shoes
$200.00| $114.00 | 43% off (opens in new tab)
Today's best deals: UK
- Wiggle: Garmin Edge 1030 cycling computer with 40% off
£499.99| £299.99 (opens in new tab)
- ProBikeKit: 300-lumen rear Lezyne light for under £35.00 (opens in new tab)
- Tredz: Blackburn Mag 5 turbo trainer | was £139.99, now £125.99 | 10% off (opens in new tab)
- Chain Reaction Cycles: Endura MTR Shell Jacket
£139.99| £76.99 | 45% off (opens in new tab)
- CycleStore: Over 60% off Specialized, Endura, Pearl Izumi and more (opens in new tab)
- Rutland Cycling: 36% off Moon Storm & Nebula lightset
Thank you for reading 5 articles in the past 30 days*
Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read any 5 articles for free in each 30-day period, this automatically resets
After your trial you will be billed £4.99 $7.99 €5.99 per month, cancel anytime. Or sign up for one year for just £49 $79 €59
Join now for unlimited access
Try your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Cyclingnews is the world's leader in English-language coverage of professional cycling. Started in 1995 by University of Newcastle professor Bill Mitchell, the site was one of the first to provide breaking news and results over the internet in English. The site was purchased by Knapp Communications in 1999, and owner Gerard Knapp built it into the definitive voice of pro cycling. Since then, major publishing house Future PLC has owned the site and expanded it to include top features, news, results, photos and tech reporting. The site continues to be the most comprehensive and authoritative English voice in professional cycling.
The latest race content, interviews, features, reviews and expert buying guides, direct to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to The Pick. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.