Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) begins the 2014 season carrying the rainbow stripes of the World TT champion. It’s largely a case of as you were: it’s his third title and he remains on the bike that has delivered him the titles – the Specialized Shiv TT.
However the German powerhouse swaps 10-speed SRAM Red for the new 11-speed version, meaning he’s got some extra teeth to combine with his preference for massive chainrings.
Complete bike specs
• Frame: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Fork: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Headset: Specialized S-Works
• Stem: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Handlebar: PRO Missile Evo
• Tape: Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix
• Brake calipers: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Front derailleur: SRAM Red
• Rear derailleur: SRAM Red
• Shift levers: SRAM TT 900
• Brake levers: SRAM TT 900
• Cassette: SRAM Red XG1090
• Chain: SRAM Red PC1091
• Cranks: Specialized S-Works (175mm)
• Power meter: Quarq power for SRAM
• Bottom bracket: Ceramic Speed
• Pedals: Look Keo Blade
• Front wheel: Zipp 808 Firecrest
• Rear wheel: Zipp Disc
• Tires: Specialized Turbo
• Saddle: Specialized TTS
• Seatpost: Specialized S-Works SHIV
• Complete bicycle weight: 7.4kg/16.31lb
• Rider height: 1.86m/6'1"
• Rider weight: 75kg/165lb
• Saddle height (from BB center to top): 75.6cm
• Seat tube (center to center): 56.3cm
• Top tube length (virtual): 53.5cm
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Try your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Thank you for signing up to Cycling News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.