The Chicagoland Cyclocross Cup is back—bigger and badder than ever. There will be six races between October and December, two in the city and four in the surrounding areas.
A great group of sponsors has come together to make this happen: Yojimbo's Garage, Zensah, Kenda, Clif Bar, Turin, Purple Extreme, Cambiatta, Pyro Apparel, and Torelli have contributed significantly along with SRAM, Scott, Redline, Giant, Blue and Raleigh.
The entry fee is only $20 for most categories ($25 for As and $15 for Juniors) and the races pay out to X places, so what are you waiting for? There are also 5 'cross frames offered up as racing prizes for the winners of categories and 3 available to the masses through various raffles.
The overall winner in each category takes home the Chicago 'Cross Cup Winners Jersey and the distinction of being the faster 'crosser in the Heartland.
Check out www.chicrosscup.com for the rest of the details.
The Chicagoland Cyclocross Cup schedule:
- Race 1 - October 9, Carpenter Park (Carpentersville, IL)
- Race 2 - October 23, Jackson Park (Southside, Chicago)
- Race 3 - November 5, Revolution Cross (Northbrook, IL)
- Race 4 - November 13, Challenge Park No. 1 (Joliet, IL)
- Race 5 - November 19, Challenge Park No. 2 (Joliet, IL)
- Race 6 - December 4, IL State Championship (Northside, Chicago)