- Race Home
- Stage 1159km Al Alam Royal Palace - Wadi Al Hoqay
- Stage 2140.5km Sur - Wadi Dayqah Dam
- Stage 3144.5km Al Awabi (Al Alya) - Muscat Heights (Bank Muscat HQ)
- Stage 4142.5km Bidbid (Nafa’a) - Al Wadi Al Kabir
- Stage 5158km Royal Opera House, Muscat - Jabal Al Akhdhar (Green Mountain)
- Stage 6130.5km Al Khawd - Matrah Corniche
- Race history
Tour of Oman 2012
In just its third year in existence, the Tour of Oman has already become one of the most compelling races of the early season thanks to the sheer diversity of the riders that flock to the six-stage event.
The variety of Oman’s topography, coupled with the amenability of its climate, mean that the race has attracted a high-quality field: world champion Mark Cavendish (Sky), Tour de France contenders Andy Schleck (RadioShack-Nissan) and Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas-Cannondale) and classics hunters such as Fabian Cancellara (RadioShack-Nissan) and Tom Boonen (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) are among those lining up.