Track figures up

According to the UCI, interest in track cycling is growing, with the 2004-2005 Track World Cup...

According to the UCI, interest in track cycling is growing, with the 2004-2005 Track World Cup 'Classics' series recording its best TV viewing figures yet. With a TV audience of nearly 30 million watching over 91 hours of coverage, the Track World Cup was seen by a few thousand more people this season than last. In addition, the 2005 UCI Track World Championships in Los Angeles, USA, enjoyed more than 75 hours of TV (live, delayed broadcasts, special programs, sports and news broadcasts). Most of the coverage was shown in Europe (60.8 percent of broadcasting time), with the remaining 39.2 percent being shown around the rest of the world. 132 countries broadcast the 2005 World's, up from 111 that showed coverage of the 2004 World's in Melbourne.

Back to top