- Race Home
- Junior Women Time Trial10km Herning - Herning
- Junior Men Time Trial31.5km Herning - Herning
- U23 Women Time Trial31.5km Herning - Herning
- U23 Men Time Trial31.5km Herning - Herning
- Elite Women Time Trial31.5km Herning - Herning
- Elite Men Time Trial46km Herning - Herning
- Junior Women Road Race60.3km Herning - Herning
- Junior Men Road Race
- U23 Women Road Race100.5km Herning - Herning
- U23 Men Road Race160.8km Herning - Herning
- Elite Women Road Race120.6km Herning - Herning
- Elite Men Road Race241.2km Herning - Herning
2017 UEC Road European Championship overview
2016 saw the introduction of an elite men’s race at the European Championships, but though Peter Sagan was a marquee winner in Plouay, his status as world champion meant that he has never raced in the colours of European champion.
No matter, Sagan is set to defend his jersey in Herning this time around, flying directly from the Tour de Pologne to take part in Sunday’s elite men’s road race, and then lining out for the start of the revamped BinckBank Tour the following day.
The flat parcours in Denmark should favour the sprinters. Elia Viviani is set to lead the line for Italy, Bryan Coquard leads Cyrille Guimard’s first French squad, while Jens Debusschere leads a Belgian squad bereft of both Greg Van Avermaet and Philippe Gilbert. Sam Bennett will be on hand for Ireland, while Alexander Kristoff, winner of RideLondon last weekend, leads the Norwegian effort.
Jolien d’Hoore (Belgium), Giorgia Bronzini (Italy), Lotta Lepistö (Finland), Kirsten Wild (Netherlands) and Marianne Vos (Netherlands) are among the star names in Saturday’s women’s race, where home hopes will be carried by world champion Amalie Dideriksen.
The European Championships get underway on Wednesday with the junior and under-23 time trials, with the elite riders entering the fray on Thursday. The programme of road races begins on Friday. The elite women’s road race, 120.6 kilometres in length, takes places on Saturday, while the Championships conclude with the 241.2-kilometre elite men’s road race on Sunday.
All road races are held on a flat and fast 20-kilometre circuit in Herning, a course that will enthuse the sprinters.