- Race Home
- Stage 1161km Bayt Al Naman Castle - Al Wutayyah
- Stage 2195km Al Hazm Castle - Al Bustan
- Stage 3158.5km Al Mussanah Sports City - Al Mussanah Sports City
- Stage 4189km Sultan Qaboos Grande Mosque - Jabal Al Akhdhar "Green Mountain"
- Stage 5151.5km Al Sawadi Beach - Ministry of Housing
- Stage 6138.5km Oman Air - Muttrah Promenade
- Race history
The third of three early season stage races in the Middle East, the six-stage Tour of Oman gives the Grand Tour riders a chance to test their form, study their rivals and rub shoulders with the Classics riders, who will use Oman as a final block of racing before their first show down on the cobbles in Belgium at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad.
Double winner Chris Froome (Team Sky) has used the race to stamp his authority on the peloton for the past two seasons, using the critical climb of Jabal Al Akhdhar (Green Mountain) to put an unassailable margin between himself and his rivals. However, he has chosen to start his season in Spain this year, and his absence opens up the race to his competitors.
Expect to see Vincenzo Nibali, Tejay van Garderen, Rigoberto Uran, and Joaquim Rodriguez fighting it out for the overall victory.