- Race Home
- Stage 17.3km Lugano (ITT)
- Stage 2218.3km Verbania - Verbier
- Stage 3194.7km Martigny - Aarberg
- Stage 4188.8km Aarberg - Trimbach/Olten
- Stage 5192.7km Trimbach/Olten - Gansingen
- Stage 6198.5km Wittnau - Bischofszell
- Stage 734.3km Gossau (ITT)
- Stage 8148.2km Bischofszell - Arosa
- Stage 9215.8km Näfels-Lintharena - Sörenberg
- Race history
Tour de Suisse 2012
The 76th renewal of the Tour de Suisse has attracted a top class field and is seen as one of the key warm-up races for the Tour De France, which starts less than two weeks after it finishes on June 17. As well as allowing riders to test their form over a varied and challenging parcours, the race itself holds much prestige and is part of the UCI WorldTour.
The nine-stage race has been won in recent years by several big stars, notably Levi Leipheimer (2011), Frank Schleck (2010) and local boy Fabian Cancellara (2009). All three will be on the start line in Lugano and will be joined by the likes of Roman Kreuziger (the 2008 winner) and the man of the spring Tom Boonen.