Alessandro Ballan gifted himself a Ferrari F430 for his win in the World Championships one week ago. The Italian, 28, confirmed to Cyclingnews the purchase of the car made by the famed car producer of Modena, Italy.
He purchased a Ferrari F430 with dark grey exterior and red leather interior. Estimated cost on the F430 Coupe is €137,700.
Ballan won the World Championships in Varese, Italy, thanks to strong teamwork. In the last lap the Italian team had three men in the escape group – Ballan, Damiano Cunego and Davide Rebellin. Ballan attacked out of this group with three kilometres remaining and won solo. His teammate, Cunego, took second ahead of Denmark's Matti Breschel.
World Champion Alessandro Ballan arrives home
For a thumbnail gallery of these images, click here
Images by Roberto Bettini/www.bettiniphoto.net
- Alessandro Ballan celebrates his Worlds victory with daughter Stella and wife Daniela.
- The city of Castelfranco Veneto, northeast Italy, welcomes Ballan home after winning the Worlds.
- World Champion Alessandro Ballan arrives home with a big welcome.
- World Champion Alessandro Ballan, 28, welcomed home with a banner.
- Alessandro Ballan, 28, holds the rainbow jersey of World Champion.
- Alessandro Ballan comes home after winning the World Championships.
- World Champion Alessandro Ballan, 28, outside of his home in Castelfranco Veneto.
- Alessandro Ballan with wife Daniela at home in Castelfranco Veneto.
- World Champion family: Alessandro Ballan with Azzurra, Daniela and Stella, l-r.