The newly-formed U.S. National MTB Ultra Endurance Series, a collection of six 100-mile races held across the U.S., gets its start Saturday June 3 at 7am at the Mohican 100. Based out of the Mohican State Lodge near Loudonville, the first race winds through Ohio's Walhonding Valley.
In it's fourth annual running, the Mohican has doubled its numbers each year since inception and besides the racers vying for early leads in the new Ultra MTB National Series, promoters expect to field over 150 riders in the 100-mile category.
Check back on Cyclingnews.com for post race reports, results and photos.
The National MTB Ultra Endurance Series races
1. Mohican MTB 100 (Ohio, June 3)
2. Founder's Lumberjack 100 (Michigan, June 17)
3. Breckenridge 100 (Colorado, July 15)
4. Wilderness 101 (Pennsylvania, July 29)
5. The Endurance 100 (Utah, August 26)
6. Shenandoah 100 (Virginia, September 3)