They’ve pulled on their new 2016 kits, posed in photos in which they are hugging baby kangaroos and koala bears but in the next few days the smiles and formalities will end with the start of the Tour Down Under.
On Saturday evening the teams and riders gathered for the teams’ presentation in Adelaide just as the sun set. It was a chance for the riders to familiarize themselves with the Australian crowds and the set-up at the race.
Sunday will be the first encounter on the roads of Adelaide with the peloton taking part in the Down Under Classic, a 51-kilometer circuit race, while the main race kicks off on Tuesday with stage 1.
You can follow live coverage through the race on Cyclingnews, while also enjoying out stage race highlights at the end of each day.
- Tour Down Under start list
- Tour Down Under: A beginner's guide
- Tour Down Under tech: what can we expect?
- Cyclingnews' Tour Down Under daily video highlights
Tour Down Under 2016 stages:
• Down Under Classic (Adelaide) – 51 km – Sunday, January 17
• Tour Down Under Stage 1 – Prospect to Lyndoch – 130.8 km – Tuesday, January 19
• Tour Down Under Stage 2 – Unley to Stirling – 132 km – Wednesday, January 20
• Tour Down Under Stage 3 – Glenelg to Campbelltown – 139 km – Thursday, January 21
• Tour Down Under Stage 4 – Norwood to Victor Harbor – 138 km – Friday, January 22
• Tour Down Under Stage 5 – McLaren Vale to Willunga Hill – 151.5 km – Saturday, January 23
• Tour Down Under Stage 6 – Adelaide – 90 km – Sunday, January 24
To subscribe to the Cyclingnews video channel, click here.