This article first appeared on BikeRadar.
The Tour Down Under is the first race of the WorldTour season, so it's a great opportunity to see all the latest kit, tech and — of course — bikes for 2019.
Josh Evans and Jack Luke were on the scene to bring us all the news, which included brand-new unnamed climbing shoes from Specialized, the POC Ventral Air helmet, plus two new 12-speed groupsets from SRAM and Campagnolo.
There were plenty of bikes, too, and with this in mind, we’ve taken on the heavy task of choosing our top five from the bunch. It’s not as easy as you might think, but someone’s got to do it.
Watch the video above to see our picks, in all their glory, for the best race bikes for 2019.
- 2019 WorldTour bike guide
- Tour Down Under 2019 WorldTour tech gallery
- 2019 Tour Down Under race tech mega gallery
- Michael Valgren's BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc — gallery
- Pierre Latour's Eddy Merckx 525 – Gallery
- Elia Viviani's Specialized S-Works Venge and Tarmac Disc — Gallery
- Mitch Docker's Cannondale SuperSix EVO - Gallery
- Daryl Impey's Scott Foil RC — Gallery