This article originally appeared on BikeRadar.
You've probably seen the photo: a bare-legged racer battling up a mountainside in a snowstorm, his torso and head nearly hidden with snow. That was American Andy Hampsten on stage 14 of the 1988 Giro d'Italia, and now 30 years later Rapha has a whole clothing collection that riffs on that brutal day on the Passo di Gavia.
The cold-weather Gavia collection includes a jersey, rain jacket, rain gloves, bib shorts, baselayer and winter hat. The top layers feature design elements and colours from his squad that year, Team 7-Eleven (but not the trademarked logo).
Of course, the clothing is made of modern materials - no wool shorts or newspaper to stuff down the jersey here. Although, the baselayer does feature prints from the Italian newspaper Gazzetto dello Sport with coverage of his stage 14 win.
Rapha Gavia Collection
- Gavia Limited Edition Jersey £155 / $210
- Gavia Pro Team Race Cape £250 / $335
- Gavia Classic Bib Shorts £200 / $275
- Gavia Pro Team Baselayer £55 / $75
- Gavia Pro Team Neoprene Gloves £40 / $55
- Gavia Winter Hat £50 / $70
- Gavia Pro Team Socks £15 / $20