On Wednesday, August 28th the world's leading international bicycle trade show will kick off its 22nd edition. Held in Friedrichshafen, Germany, the Eurobike red carpet will be rolled out for more than 1280 exhibitors from over 54 countries. Notably, a world leader will be attending for the first time as German Chancelor, Angela Merkel, officially opens the event.
The Eurobike Awards that highlight products with new and innovative designs will be unveiled on the 28th of August. Awards are spread across a multitude of categories ranging all the way from road racing to special purpose folding bikes, as well as including many awards for components and apparel.
An expected 40,000 trade visitors and 1,800 journalists will flock to Germany for the four day event in order to assess products for the 2014 retail season. Although the event is targeted at fellow traders, in keeping with Eurobike tradition, Saturday August 31st will be open to the public.
E-Bikes, travel talk, bike fashion and road cycling componentry are set to dominate proceedings, but as always, let Cyclingnews know what you want to hear about in the comments below.
- Italian road bike gallery
- Cervélo S3 released for 2014
- Fi'zi:k 2014 handlebars, saddles and shoes on show
- Demo Day road tech gallery
- Focus SAM enduro bike introduced
- Campagnolo EPS V2 Power Unit details released
- The best road shoes for 2014
- Lightest bikes and components
- PROLOGO’s patented grip system extends
- Focus Izalco Max disc brake prototype
- Bianchi 2014 road bikes
- Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc
- New Rapha Cyclo-cross clothing
- The pro bikes
- Weird and wonderful bike tech for 2014