TechPowered By

More tech

Mancebo approached by Tinkoff

By:
Cycling News
Published:
November 18, 2006, 0:00 GMT,
Updated:
April 22, 2009, 20:41 BST
Edition:
First Edition Cycling News for November 18, 2006
Spain's Francisco Mancebo (AG2R/Fra) talks on the phone

Spain's Francisco Mancebo (AG2R/Fra) talks on the phone

view thumbnail gallery

By Hedwig Kröner The new Italian Continental Pro team Tinkoff Credit Systems has made an offer to...

By Hedwig Kröner

The new Italian Continental Pro team Tinkoff Credit Systems has made an offer to Francisco Mancebo, the Spanish Ag2R Prévoyance rider who was suspended by his squad prior to the Tour de France this year because of his alleged involvement with the Operación Puerto doping scandal. "It's true that we have received a relatively attractive offer from Tinkoff," David Plaza, Mancebo's manager told French L'Equipe. "The only problem is that Paco is still under contract with AG2R, and our first intention is to fulfill that contract's term."

As reported last week, rumour has it that Russian millionaire Oleg Tinkov offered Mancebo 600,000 Euros annually to join his squad, the Tour de France podium candidate is said to receive an even greater sum at the French team. Meanwhile, AG2R manager Vincent Lavenu has made no secret of the fact that he doesn't want Mancebo in his team anymore, but the Spaniard will legally be entitled to race next season as the Spanish federation cannot use the Puerto documents against him.

Back to top

Tags:
news