With the annual women's summit at Nature Valley Grand Prix (USA) coming up next month on Wednesday, June 8, panelists are looking for rider and manager input and topic ideas for this year's edition. The summit is a chance for those with a stake in women's cycling to help guide the future direction of our sport.
Some suggested topics have been:
- Would having 'regional' NRC titles in addition to one overall title help teams that don't have the budget to travel to the NRC events but are competitive in the NRC events in their area? For example, a western NRC title, Midwestern, and Eastern title, comprised of events in those areas.
- What is working with sponsors?
- What is working to attract and retain riders?
- Would a website devoted solely to women's events be useful? What would be covered?
- What can USAC do differently to help women's cycling?
- What successful models to grow cycling exist that can be duplicated elsewhere?
Whether you live and race in the USA or elsewhere, if you have an interest in women's cycling and would like to contribute, please send your ideas for topics to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.