Cadel Evans doesn't yet know where he will ride in 2009 - he may stay with his current Belgian team Silence-Lotto, but then again, he may not. "On most fronts, I'm happy with Silence-Lotto, but we've got a few issues to sort out," he told Australian newspaper The Age. "I'm waiting to sort these things out." He added that he would sign a proposal with the team, "not a contract, it's not fixed."
A Belgian newspaper reported earlier this week that Evans extended his contract with Silence-Lotto through 2010. But the Australian, whose main goal is to win the Tour de France, had been criticising the team's support for that. "A team that wants to win the Tour has a team capable of doing it - I might be interested, yes," the 30 year-old said. He finished second in the Tour de France and won the ProTour title in 2007.
Evans is training at his home in Barwon Heads, Australia, and will return to Europe early next month. Meanwhile, he will join his teammates in Adelaide on Saturday "to visit the team during the Tour Down Under and to talk about his contract," team spokesman Filip Demyttenaere told Cyclingnews.