Edvald Boasson Hagen will leave Team Columbia-HTC at the end of this season said his manager on Tuesday. Birger Hungerholdt did not reveal which team the 22-year-old would ride for in the coming season, but said that he was currently considering a shortlist of contract offers.
"We have ruled out some of the offers," said Hungerholdt to Norwegian press agency NTB. "We now have in front of us a final round with several appropriate candidates. After Edvald's efforts in the Giro d'Italia, there was an explosion of inquiries, and after the Tour of Poland came a new wave. "
Last week, the young Norwegian won two stages in the Tour of Poland and finished the race third overall. The results in Poland continued a strong season for Boasson Hagen, who won stage seven of this year's Giro d'Italia and the the Belgian semi-classic, Gent-Wevelgem in April.
Hungerholdt also said that his client had received a lucrative contract offer from a non-ProTour team, but played down the importance of financial incentives in Boasson Hagen's final decision. "Last Monday a huge offer was made by a team from outside the ProTour," he said. "It would be very interesting if it was only money we were after. "
While Hungerholt remained silent on the teams being considered, Boasson Hagen has been linked with a possible move to Team Sky. An article by Richard Moore, published by British newspaper The Guardian on July 27, suggested that both Boasson Hagen and Columbia teammate, Swede Thomas Lovkvist, were being targeted by the new British squad.
Boasson Hagen is currently racing in his second season with Columbia. He previously rode for Norwegian squad Maxobo-Bianchi, with whom he turned professional in 2006.