Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) begins the 2014 season carrying the rainbow stripes of the World TT champion. It’s largely a case of as you were: it’s his third title and he remains on the bike that has delivered him the titles – the Specialized Shiv TT.
However the German powerhouse swaps 10-speed SRAM Red for the new 11-speed version, meaning he’s got some extra teeth to combine with his preference for massive chainrings.
Team mechanics tell us Martin’s set-up remains identical to last year, though one departure from last year’s World Championship-winning bike is a reversion to Specialized Turbo tyres not prototype TT clinchers.
As would befit the World Champion, the bike’s been given a paint job to match. Click on the gallery for more photos of the multicoloured time machine lounging by the sea at the team training camp in Calpe, Spain.
Complete bike specs
• Frame: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Fork: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Headset: Specialized S-Works
• Stem: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Handlebar: PRO Missile Evo
• Tape: Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix
• Brake calipers: Specialized S-Works Shiv
• Front derailleur: SRAM Red
• Rear derailleur: SRAM Red
• Shift levers: SRAM TT 900
• Brake levers: SRAM TT 900
• Cassette: SRAM Red XG1090
• Chain: SRAM Red PC1091
• Cranks: Specialized S-Works (175mm)
• Power meter: Quarq power for SRAM
• Bottom bracket: Ceramic Speed
• Pedals: Look Keo Blade
• Front wheel: Zipp 808 Firecrest
• Rear wheel: Zipp Disc
• Tires: Specialized Turbo
• Saddle: Specialized TTS
• Seatpost: Specialized S-Works SHIV
• Complete bicycle weight: 7.4kg/16.31lb
• Rider height: 1.86m/6'1"
• Rider weight: 75kg/165lb
• Saddle height (from BB center to top): 75.6cm
• Seat tube (center to center): 56.3cm
• Top tube length (virtual): 53.5cm